dimecres, 12 de maig del 2010

Foreign language learning for young and very young children (ELP, CLIL, ICT…)

Being able to speak, understand or write several languages is an important thing everyone should know.
Speaking several languages open many doors and helps with our work and social life. Finding work or communicating with people in another country, speaking languages will be of great help. Speaking different languages makes you a more cultured person.

I think young children should learn to write and speak different languages and not only in the school, but also at home.

Schools have already introduced English at the age of three. Children learn Castilian, Catalan and Englisk. I think multilingualism is good for children. Although it is more complicated for them, in the future they could speak and write different languages.

But, can children really learn different languages at this age?

Many people think they are too young to learn different languages. But this age is when they learn most and if from the outset they hear different languages at the schools, in the future they will learn to speak them well.

When I am be a teacher, I will speak in different languages to my students according to the subject.

In conclusion, I believe that is positive for children to learn several languages for very young children.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada